The OpenNebula team is proud to announce the availability of OpenNebula 1.4 Beta1 Hourglass (1.3.80), this is the first preview of next stable release of the OpenNebula Virtual Infrastructure Manager.
OpenNebula focuses on incorporating bleeding edge technologies and innovations in many areas of virtual infrastructure management and Cloud Computing. OpenNebula 1.4 aims to be the swiss-army knife of Cloud Computing, letting you deploy any type of Cloud. The OpenNebula team has been set now to bug fixing mode to provide a robust and stable OpenNebula 1.4.0 to your data centers.
Please note that OpenNebula 1.4 Beta 1 is not suitable for production settings. Its sole purpose is gathering feedback and testing new exciting features…
Highlights of OpenNebula 1.4 are..
- EC2 Query API interface on top of OpenNebula, so you can turn your OpenNebula installation in a Public Cloud
- Support for the VMware Hypervisor family
- Multiple user support and access-right control for Virtual Machines and Virtual Networks
- Advance contextualization support to integrate VM packs and implement multi-component services
- A new OpenNebula Cloud API (OCA) to easily develop any cloud interface or cloud application
- Easy integration with your data-center services and procedures with a new hook system
- Many bug fixes, and scalability and performance improvements in several components of the OpenNebula system
- A whole new set of documentation pages, guides and examples
The OpenNebula Team!