At the beginning of 2016 the Journal of Computer Physics Communications (Elsevier, JCR:3.122, Q1) will close a Special Issue in which I’m very honored to serve as Guest Editor. You may be interested in the following Call for Papers.
Supercomputers are rapidly evolving as advances in architecture and semiconductor technology. High performance computing has been applied to accelerate the advanced modeling and simulation of materials. The current trend will provide challenges in parallelism because of increased processing units, accelerators, complex hierarchical memory systems, interconnection networks, storage and uncertainties in programming models. The interdisciplinary collaboration is becoming more and more important in high performance computation. Realistic material modeling and simulation need to combine material modeling methods, mathematical models, parallel algorithms and tools for exploiting supercomputers effectively.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Numerical methods and parallel algorithms for the advanced modeling and simulation of materials
- Use of hardware accelerators (MIC, GPUs, FPGA) and heterogeneous hardware in computational material science
- Mathematical modeling and high performance computing tools in large-scale material simulation
- Programming model for material algorithm scalability and resilience
- Visualization on material data
- Multi-scale modeling and simulation in materials science
- Performance modeling and auto-tuning methods in material simulation
- Big data of materials science
- Accelerate dissipative particle dynamics by hardware accelerators
- Large-scale material modeling based on the new features of message passing programming model
Submission Format and Guideline
All submitted papers must be clearly written in excellent English and contain only original work, which has not been published by or is currently under review for any other journal or conference. Papers must not exceed 25 pages (one-column, at least 11pt fonts) including figures, tables, and references. A detailed submission guideline is available as “Guide to Authors” at: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/computer-physics-communications/
All manuscripts and any supplementary material should be submitted through Elsevier Editorial System (EES). The authors must select as “SI: CPC_HPCME 2015” when they reach the “Article Type” step in the submission process. The EES website is located at: http://ees.elsevier.com/cpc/
All papers will be peer-reviewed by three independent reviewers. Requests for additional information should be addressed to the guest editors.
Editors in Chief
N. Stanley. Scott
Jose Luis Vazquez-Poletti
Submission deadline: 2016.1.20
Acceptance deadline: 2016.4.20